šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeanne N

The Dog Food Advisor’s job just got a WHOLE LOT tougher.

The Trump administration has GUTTED the USDA’s pet food regulations. Pet food companies will have FAR LESS OVERSIGHT of how they manufacture their products. Poison in the food? No problem. Salmonella or other bugs? Put the food on the shelf – WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE. Not even the Dog Food Advisor will have access to information on what is in the pet foods we buy – because the public information DOES NOT EXIST. Welcome to the brave new world where profit over safety rules the pet food business. May be time to cook our own food for our beloved pets.

Go to Keith Olbermann’s video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzWppkh4JJY

#94423 Report Abuse
    Lewis F
    Participant

Jeanne, I went to the FDA site and there was very recent information on dog food and no mention of less information being available. It would be interesting to know if this was fake news put out there because people’s feelings for Trump.

#94424 Report Abuse
    Jeanne N

Hi Lewis,
    The agency is the USDA rather than the FDA.

#94439 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

If you love your pets, then the content of the video referenced in this thread is disturbing.

I’m not yet sure what all this means. According to the video, it appears that some USDA information may have been removed from the Agency’s website. I hope this is only an honest mistake and not the beginning of some kind of public information censorship by the government.

In any case, I am not aware of any change to pet food labeling regulations (so far).

#94783 Report Abuse
    just_dogs02

Regardless of one’s political ideology, the current administration favors deregulation and it is unlikely that pet food regulations will be spared. That said, it might be useful to list sites that may offer information on the latest in pet food regulations.

From its title, the site below appears to be affiliated with the pet food industry and I think we should watch it for news.

http://www.petfoodindustry.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.