šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yjesse

Hi everyone, I was wondering whether my Golden Retriever Charlie is underweight. She is just about 9 months and weighs 41 pounds. I can feel her ribs, but it’s not visible. I can feel her hip bones as well, and she looks narrow. She has good appetite, great energy, and always finishes her food. The vet thinks she’s on the skinny side but otherwise healthy. We’ve had her checked for worms and parasites, and all came back negative. I am currently feeding Orijen Puppy Large or Kasik Pacific Fish with a bit of wet food and 1/4 C. of raw goat milk every days. Any suggestions to help her “bulk up” a bit?

Here’s a picture of Charlie from a few days ago: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49deblV4jyoenk5NTVfOFpnLWM/view?usp=sharing

Thank you

#81538 Report Abuse
    anonymously

She is only 9 months old, still a pup. She will continue to fill out till she is 2 years old.
    She does not look thin to me, she looks fit.
    Frankly, if the vet says she is healthy, I would just continue what you are doing.
    Also, some dogs are naturally thin, just like some humans.
    She is actually better off health wise being on the slim side, imo. Obesity can cause a multitude of problems.

#81556 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi yjesse-
    I think she looks great as well! Very pretty dog. Keep up the good work!

#81589 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I think he looks great! Beautiful dog!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.