UK's Oldest Dog has Never Eaten Commercial Dog Food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Homemade Dog Food UK's Oldest Dog has Never Eaten Commercial Dog Food

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Just wanted to share an article featured today on Truth About Pet Food. A Jack Russel Terrier just turned 22 and is now the oldest living dog in the UK – the dog has eaten homemade food her entire life and has never eaten commercial dog food. http://truthaboutpetfood2.com/living-proof.

#14882 Report Abuse
    Debbie D
    Participant

I will be making my dogs food from now on.

#14884 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Debbie D –

It’s my belief that making homemade food is the best thing anyone can do for their animal. Just make sure you’re following a balanced recipe – dogaware .com is a great resource and check out amazon, there are some great books about homemade diets written by veterinarians and nutritionists.

#14895 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m not disputing that homemade done right is best, by far. But how can they say the dog has never had commercial food? They didn’t own it for the first 2 years of it’s life and they got it from a shelter.

#14896 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I’m sure they were meaning he’s never had commercial food since they’ve owned him (which was for 20 years). I doubt eating commercial food for the first 2 out of 22 years (whether he did or not) has anything to do with his long life.

#14897 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m positive it didn’t help!!

#14898 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Especially if they serve SD in the UK shelters like they do in the US lol!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.