šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    AnnieluvsPoms
    Participant

My Poms love to chew any variety of True Chews bully sticks- they have pretzels, barbells, twisted bully sticks, etc. Does anyone else get these? They are for dogs up to 20lbs. They are made in Independence, Iowa by Tyson Pet Products. The package says they are 100% natural and have no fillers and are rawhide free. Is there anything I need to worry about if they are chewing these everyday?

#10653 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I tried a few from Merrick but one of mine was very possessive of it so we didn’t fee them again.

#10777 Report Abuse
    rainisdog
    Participant

my dogs (especially my puppy) love them. this website seems to have great prices and they have some good info about the bully sticks too. i haven’t ordered from them yet though.
    http://www.bestbullysticks.com

#10812 Report Abuse
    AnnieluvsPoms
    Participant

Rainisdog- thanks for the website! I will check it out.

#10870 Report Abuse
    Jackie B

I’ve purchased True Chews for my mini poodle. He’s very picky but loves them. They are kind of thin for the price, but he prefers very thin bully sticks. I also have ordered treats from Best Bully Sticks and have been pretty happy. The green tripe is a favorite and a good deal for the amount you get. I do wish they had more items with free shipping… They offer a lot of discount codes at least.

#10923 Report Abuse

Best Bully Sticks user here too. My greyhound loves these things & they don’t upset his system. I get the 12in large odor free.

#10966 Report Abuse
    Safe4pups
    Participant

I have personally witnessed a dog being rushed to surgery for an obstrcted bowel from a bully stick. Bully sticks are made from penis’ – usually chemically bleached, smoked and the “flavoring” added – they are just an unneccesary product for your dog. (my opinion)
    I thinkthere are better choices – especially a natural, meaty, raw bone from your butcher – and MUCH more cost effective. There are somewonderful chews available – Get Naked, Zukes, Zoe are all great choices.
    ~Tracey

#11334 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi- this is my first post. I have 4 cats. One of every color! Also, two dogs. They are lab/ retriever mix. They are two boys, Griffey and Buhner, litter mates. Bad idea getting two pups at same time, but we are trying our hardest to train them to be good dogs. Anyway, on the subject of bullysticks, they absolutely love them! We too are very concerned about blockages as they will eat anything. They will swallow these things well before they have chewed them completely. So, to solve this problem, we put them in a vice grip (the bullysticks:)). This way they have to chew them to the nub and can’t swallow them.

#11342 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That is an excellent idea for some dogs.

#11988 Report Abuse
    AnnieluvsPoms
    Participant

Patty and crazy4cats- do they have vice grips that are small and don’t weigh a lot? i have Poms and they like to carry their bullysticks around the house.
    thanks!!!

#12130 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Annie-
    I know they do come in different sizes. My dogs are 80 pounders, so was looking for heavy duty grips. They sure have worked out great though. I hope you can find something that works for you as well. They have been a big stress reliever for me as my dogs will try to eat and swallow everything quickly before the other one gets it! Good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.