transitioning to grain inclusive

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition transitioning to grain inclusive

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Patricia A
    Participant

My three small dogs’ have been on grain free kibble as a base with various freeze dried and home cooked as toppers. I’m really confused as to what camp to be in. Whether grain free was a marketing gimmick vs dogs’ are carnivores and don’t receive any benefits from grains. Even though the fed grain free has taurine added, I’m still not liking the ingredient splitting with the legumes. How much protein coming from animal protein vs the peas etc. Based on the first few ingredients would like to know opinions on one brand is possibly superior to the other. I won’t give name as to prejudice . If that makes sense. I’m concerned about the type of grain and digestibility. Aimee and Crazy for cats would love your opinions and reasoning also.. Just want to transition slowly and give the grain inclusive a try.
    One brand has ALL source origins on their website. The other I emailed and they were transparent and sent me their sources INCLUDING their supplements/vitamins and supplement pack sources. None from China.
    Cage-Free Chicken Chicken Meal Oatmeal Pearled Barley Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols) Pumpkin Quinoa Chicken Liver Natural Chicken Flavor Chicken Gizzard Flaxseed Salmon Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols) Coconut Flour Salt Pumpkin Seeds Organic Cranberries Organic Spinach Organic Beets Organic Carrots Organic Squash Organic Blueberries Inulin (from Chicory Root) Thyme Sage Rosemary Extract Mixed Tocopherols (preservative) Dried Kelp Potassium Chloride Dicalcium Phosphate Taurine Choline Chloride Zinc Proteinate Iron Proteinate Copper Proteinate Manganese Proteinate Sodium Selenite Vitamin E Supplement Calcium Iodate Thiamine Mononitrate Niacin Supplement D-calcium Pantothenate Riboflavin Supplement Vitamin A Supplement Vitamin D3 Supplement Vitamin B12 Supplement Pyridoxine Hydrochloride Folic Acid Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici fermentation product Dried Lactobacillus

second Brand
    INGREDIENT

Salmon
    United States, Alaska

Oats
    United States, North Dakota / Canada, Saskatchewan

Whitefish Meal
    United States, Alaska

Sorghum
    United States, North Dakota

Quinoa
    Canada, Saskatchewan

Coconut Oil
    Indonesia / Philippines

Herring Meal
    Canada, Newfoundland / Mexico
    Wild Caught in the deep cold Atlantic Ocean, our Herring meal contains high amounts of high quality protein and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.

Natural Flavor
    United States, Missouri / Canada, Quebec

Millet
    United States, Colorado

Pumpkin
    United States, Michigan, Missouri

Salmon Oil
    Canada, New Brunswick

Apples
    United States, Michigan

Chia Seed
    Paraguay

Potassium Chloride
    Canada, Saskatchewan

Salt
    United States, Kansas

Chicory Root
    Belgium

Choline Chloride
    United States, Missouri

Vitamin E Supplement
    Switzerland / United States

Calcium Pantothenate
    Scotland

Niacin Supplement
    Switzerland

Vitamin A Supplement
    Switzerland / France

Riboflavin Supplement (B2)
    Germany

Vitamin D3 Supplement
    United States / France

Vitamin B12 Supplement
    France

Thiamine Mononitrate (B1)
    Germany

Folic Acid
    France
    Folic acid is essential for brain and nervous system function and is needed for protein utilisation and red blood cell formation.

Zinc Proteinate
    United States

Calcium Carbonate
    United States
    Calcium carbonate is a supplement that contributes to the total calcium levels that are needed to maintain healthy bones and teeth.

Iron Proteinate
    United States

Copper Proteinate
    United States

Manganese Proteinate
    United States

Calcium Iodate
    United States / Canada

Selenium Yeast
    United States

Taurine
    Japan

Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative)
    United States, Iowa

Cinnamon
    Vietnam / Indonesia

Turmeric
    India
    Formulated to help pets thrive
    Formulated to help pets thrive
    OceanWise® approved wild caught salmon
    A wholesome blend of ancient grains like millet, quinoa, sorghum and chia seeds
    No peas, legumes and potatoes
    No corn, wheat or soy
    No artificial flavors or preservatives

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.