The whole dog journal

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum The whole dog journal

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I just received mine today and it had a list of the approved canned foods. I use weruva and they could not approve it because they would not disclose their manufacturer. Thy also listed addiction foods and Artemis for not responding and Amira,Dogswell,Fromn,Halo,Newmans own,Tiki Dog for not disclosing manufacturer. I also use Tiki. Should I be concerned? My yorkie loves these foods.

#79884 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Edit: I just realized you were talking about canned food. There are a limited number of canning companies around the US so it can only be one of a few. I would try contacting the company yourself and ask. I see no reason why any of those companies to not share who manufactures their canned foods.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Pitlove.
    #79890 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

I found one of the answers for you. Simmons cans for Dogwells. And it looks like Fromm might be canned by Performance Pet out of South Dakota.

#80293 Report Abuse
    Catherine C

Simmons cans for a lot of foods, and, guess what? They changed their name from Menu Foods, who used melamine in their food and killed so many animals. Fromm won’t disclose the source of their canned food so they are not proud of their source.

#80300 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I agree with Catherine. If a food uses a co-packer, and refuses to disclose the name of that manufacturer (or is obviously reluctant or misleading; ie: Canidae trying to make you think all kibbled Pure diets are manufactured by them at their Ethos facility, rather than at Diamond), then I’d move on.

Last I knew, some of the Weruva Kobe canned products were manufactured by Evangers.

#80309 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Catherine- A Google search will tell you Fromm is canned by Performance Pet. I found the info easily.

#80522 Report Abuse
    Michael B

Weruva, besides Kobe line, and Tiki cat cans are made in Thailand

#80913 Report Abuse
    Laura M

I think they should disclose where their food is manufactured – either canned or dry. The Whole Dog Journal is a valuable resource to pet owners – I have subscribed for years. I base my dog food choices on what I read there and what I have learned from this website. I don’t see any reason why not to disclose that information unless they are not proud of the answer that they would have to give. After the melamine situation, I will do everything I can to know all that I can about the foods I feed my pets.

#80958 Report Abuse
    Kelly K

This is all news to me, I just started feeding my cats Canidae. Dang, having this website provides valuable info for finding the right food for my dog but there aren’t many out there like this for cats. I’ll be switching to something else.

#83791 Report Abuse
    Kathleen C
    Participant

Michael B, regarding Weruva made in Thailand, the new bag of kebble I just picked up says Product of Canada. Any idea what’s going on? Is it Thailand or Canada?

#83814 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I did not know that Weruva had kibble. I thought they just had canned. Are u sure about the kibble?

#83815 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, they do! I saw it recently at our fancy feed store. The packaging caught my eye. It’s pretty. LOL! http://www.weruva.com/caloric-harmony-melody.php

#83821 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Kathleen, the Weruva Human Style cans are made in Thailand. Some of their other canned recipes are made in the USA (Kobe).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.