🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    linda s
    Participant

Are there any reason’s why Taste of the Wild grain free would not be on the editors choice list? Just wondering.

#46809 Report Abuse
    Robin B

The biggest issue with TOTW is the fact that it’s made by Diamond. I stay away from ALL Diamond manufactured pet food! You’d be wise to do the same. Not only have they had numerous recalls, they are also a very deceptive company. Buyer beware!

#46810 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

As Robin said, I would say there is a less than 5% chance of TotW ever making editor’s choice. Much of that list is comprised of solid companies, and Diamond is not

#46830 Report Abuse
    linda s
    Participant

Well, actually TOTW is on their 4 star list, showing all of their foods with two of them having 5 stars. So that is why I was wondering why it didn’t make the cut for their editors choice. However, I did start searching after sending my post and did find what you’re talking about with the recall. After seeing the editor’s choice list I settled on one of two, Dr. Tim’s Grain Free or Castor & Pollux Grain Free. I ordered a bag of the Dr. Tim’s to see how the dogs like it and if they don’t like it then I will try the Castor & Pollux. I have 6 rough collies and 1 black lab so I am trying to be both money conscience and feed my dogs the best I can buy. It’s $10 more per bag from chewy.com but looks to be totally worth it. Thanks for you input.

#46833 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I think Dr. Tim’s is a great choice.

If you’re looking for excellent quality, budget friendly foods, also take a look at Victor products.

#46837 Report Abuse
    linda s
    Participant

Thanks Betsy, I will do that!

#46839 Report Abuse
    Robin B

As a Wisconsin native I am partial to Fromm four star grain free. I can rotate st will and they produce all their own dry kibble. Canned food is made in SD. In the many years of manufacturing food, never a recall. Also, my puppy loves it all. Never is a kibble left behind. Take a look at their site and foods.

#46856 Report Abuse
    linda s
    Participant

Hi Robin, Fromm does look to be an excellent food, I have looked at it many times, problem is that it is $65 for a 26lb bag. With 7 large dogs to feed (6 collies and one black lab) that is way to expensive for me, have to feed my own family too 🙂 My dog food bill for the 7 dogs and Dr. Tim’s will be $432 a month. To get the same amount of pounds of food in a months time of Fromm’s I would have to pay about $600.00 a month.

However, the Dr. Tim’s that I ordered looks to be just as good with many of the same ingredients. So I am going to give it a try first. I just wish that one of these fine foods were made in Arkansas near me so I could pick them up without having to pay the extra charge that the distributors put on top to make there money.

#47435 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

There are many 4 and 5 star foods that are not on the Editor’s Choice list. You can look at the FAQ for the details, but it’s my understanding that the Editor’s Choice Award is looking at the integrity of the company as much, if not more, as the quality of the food.

#47436 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

I’ve had good luck with on-line sources for buying food. For example, I can order through Chewy.com and if I order over a certain amount, not only am I saving the sales tax, I am saving shipping costs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.