šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff L

Just started my close to one year old (Xmas day) puppy, Nick, on the Answers Beef. He was previously on Orijen Puppy for 8 months. I have brushed his teeth daily since I got him at 3 months old. Even with that he has some yellowing of a few teeth. I have to believe that is partially from eating kibble. I am hoping that the Answers will help in this regard. Nick loves their Goat’s milk and so far after two meals he loves the Answers Beef. I will be doing a slow transition over the next 7-10 days. He eats the Answers before touching his kibble which he has always seemed happy with.

I don’t mind the expense of the Goat’s milk and Raw food if it will help have a better, longer life. My last dog had horrible teeth and I know it contributed to his declining health and eventual cancer. I have started Nick on the recreational frozen bones from Primal since all he has had is Antlers. Not a heavy chewer. This is the easiest way for me to feed raw I think. Love to hear opinions.

#92910 Report Abuse
    Krista B

I fed my dog (homemade) raw for a year. It’s a great way to feed and I think it’s great you are feeding this way! The cost became to much for my family so I switched to commercial dog food, otherwise I would still be feeding raw. I currently feed half kibble and half freeze dried raw and canned. My dog will eat literally anything you put in front of her so this hasn’t been an issue to switch.

My advice would be to Remeber to switch protein sources! Dogs need lots of variety and shouldn’t be fed only one protein source. Try to feed at least 3-4 or more.

#92911 Report Abuse
    Jeff L

I have been switching proteins from beef, turkey and chicken. I will throw in pork next round. I have been bouncing form Answers to Primal Pet foods. His stools changed a little with the chicken. I have also been feeding different raw meaty bones and will probably switch completely to raw once I figure out what works for Nick. Right now I feel better giving him a prepared raw food diet because those two companies have already done the thinking for me, but at a much higher cost than I want to pay forever. Definitely not as convenient as kibble, but I know he is thriving right now. I will keep everyone updated..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.