🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BluesMom
    Participant

My mixed breed dog was found on the side of the road and for months has had one digestive problem after another. He had giardia twice and after that I switched him to Nutro Sensitive Stomach, then Natural Balance LID, and now he’s on Acana Lamb and Apple and these limited ingredient diets have really done wonders for his sensitive stomach.

I have tried a few probiotics before but he refuses to eat the powdered form even in his favorite, peanut butter 🙂

I have decided to try Swanson’s, but I want to make sure I order the exact right thing. I am a little confused on which product to order from Swanson’s. Also, how much do I give him? I saw where Hound Dog Mom suggested half a capsule for a 34 pound dog but I wasn’t sure of which product she was suggesting this for or if it applies to all? I’m a little confused and a first time dog mom! Thanks!

#22421 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I use Dr Stephen Langers, from Swansons. It’s a capsule. Will your dog eat a capsule hidden in food?

#22429 Report Abuse
    BluesMom
    Participant

I have no idea. I have never tried it. If he can just take one at a time I will probably just put it in his mouth… that how I usually give him his medicine.

I just ordered some. How much should I give a 45 pound dog at one time?

#22431 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Dr Stephen Langers is the right one, they also have Soil Based Organisms which is good too. Your dog would need 1/2 capsule, but it isn’t something that you have to worry about giving too much, so I would just give 1 a day for a while then cut back to 1 every other day.

#22432 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Do you mean this: Dr. Stephen Langer’s Ultimate 15 Strain Probiotic with FOS?

#22433 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yes!

#22435 Report Abuse
    BluesMom
    Participant

Thanks so much for the responses! I am really excited about this!

#22466 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Another good probiotic available from Swanson’s is their Lee Swanson Signature probiotic – it has 13 strains + FOS and I believe it has a special pH to ensure the probiotics reach the intestine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.