šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I tried to post this in the supplements forum but it wouldn’t acknowledge that I was logged in.

I was looking through Starwest Botanical’s products on amazon for ingredients to make HDM’s superfood supplement. I came across a “GreenPower Blend” that they make.

Ingredients:Organic Barley Grass Powder, Organic Wheat Grass Powder, Organic Spirulina, Organic Spinach Powder, Organic Alfalfa Leaf Powder, Organic Kelp Powder, Organic Dulse Leaf Powder, Organic Barley Grass Juice Powder, Organic Orange Peel Powder, Organic Beet Root Powder, Organic Dandelion Leaf Powder, Organic Lemon Peel Powder, Organic Ginkgo Leaf Powder & Organic Wheat Grass Juice Powder

Would this be an acceptable whole food/ green supplement to add to a homemade raw or cooked diet? I wasn’t sure about the ginko leaf powder. Thanks!

• This topic was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by RescueDaneMom.
    #26039 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I don’t know if HDM will see this, but I think it sounds great. The thing that a lot of them add that is a deal breaker is green tea, since it has caffeine in it. I don’t know specifically about ginko powder for dogs. I’ve never heard anything against it.

ETA: I just googled ginko supplements for dogs and got a study that showed it helped and some supplement info, so I believe it is ok.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by theBCnut.
    #26197 Report Abuse

Thank you, Pattyvaughn. I googled it too and the consensus seems to be that gingko is safe for dogs. I think I might try it when it’s time to rotate my green whole food supplement. Thanks again for your quick response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.