šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Patricia T

I am grateful for the information found on this website. It would be more helpful, however, if the users could sort or search based on a food’s best use, allergies, large breed puppy, breed specific, digestive issues, etc.

Also, it would be great to have some sort of comparison tool, such as a grid, similar to what you find on the BB site when searching for laptops.

Thanks!

#84611 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Allergies: all but impossible since each dog with allergies/sensitivities is individual

large breed: see the Diet & Health Issues forum below

Breed specific: In my opinion, thats a bunch of bunk except for Dalmatians who need low
    purine.

Digestive Issues: depends on the issue but NutriSource is known to work well

#86911 Report Abuse
    Sam R

Dear DFA (Mike),

I think it would be very helpful if you could note on each review whether or not the product is manufactured by the owner or by a contract manufacturer. I am a scientist in a different but comparable business, and I can tell you that the manufacturer is the manufacturer, and the product is sold by a marketing company. If I find a 4 or 5 star product I want to know what company manufactures it. Everyday of the week I will buy a company from the manufacturing company over a from a company that outsources manufacturing.

For example:
    5 star (manufacturer) ; vs 5 star (outsources)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

#86912 Report Abuse
    Sam R

Oh- just a bit more info on the above post: I want the guy/team responsible for making the food reporting to the same CEO as the people team selling and marketing the food.

#86925 Report Abuse
    Pjmaxwellian

Perhaps a separate review section on the companies?

#86967 Report Abuse
    Pjmaxwellian

Oops, just realized companies are reviewed. Only just clicked on the food name before, must click on company.

#86972 Report Abuse
    Sam R

I don’t see what you mean? And in the company reviews does it state whether or not they outsource manufacturing, who manufactures the product, etc.?

#86988 Report Abuse
    Pjmaxwellian

The company reviews are under Editor’s Choice. They are decent reviews, maybe not as in depth as you are looking for. I found them to be a good jumping-off point. I still end up researching further if I have a specific question.

#87048 Report Abuse
    Richard N

I agree that a filtering mechanism, would be fantastic, and I also know it would be a tremendous amount of work to keep up with. But something that had empty blocks where I can input all the different items she’s allergic to, then hit search and foods that did NOT have those ingredients would appear would be nice. Until then though, I just keep researching and reading ingredients until I find something she can eat. Luckily there are a few, and on the unlucky side they are extremely expensive at times. But she’s my little one so why wouldn’t I right?

#88219 Report Abuse
    Michele L

Any chance a picture of the food being reviewed could be shown also?
    I picked one up because I thought it was one thing… And I accidentally picked up same brand but different line.

#89668 Report Abuse
    Mandy G

I am here in Canada, new to this site. My first visits impressions are good. I would like to see a shopping option that would ship to Canada though. Chewy seems to have all the sought after brands, but do not ship outside of the US.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.