Suggested food for my Vizsla

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Suggested food for my Vizsla

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vizslajo
    Participant

Hi all-I have a 1 year old male Vizsla and I think I need to find a better food for him. He currently weighs about 45lbs, which my vet says is a healthy weight for him, but he is soooo skinny. We are very active, we go for 1 hour runs every morning, and usually gets a another hour play session of his favorite game, fetch, in the afternoons and then another 40minute-hour long walk in the evenings. I have been feeding him Blue Buffalo and recently switched to the Blue Buffalo Wilderness, he eats about 4 cups a day that I usually split into 2 meals, but you can very much see his ribs and even his little hip bones on his back. His morning stool are usually large and solid, but then goes at least two more times a day that become more and more runny. I just want to put a little more weight on him…any ideas?

#25143 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Nature’s Variety Instinct has a few different formulas and is high calorie and very good quality.

#25943 Report Abuse
    rogerharris

Hi, I will suggest that the food you are giving to your dog, is the best one. You need not to change t, as your dog can get every nutrition in it. keep feeding the same food to your dog. And yes Vet has also suggested, so, it is the best one, i think.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by rogerharris.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.