šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Byfuzzerabbit
    Participant

I have a 4 month Westie who had vomited several times in one day about 3 weeks ago and the vet recommend we give her some chicken and rice to give her a stomach a rest for a few days. I followed her directions I did mix some on her dry food which was Natures Recipe we switched it to Wellness thinking maybe she just didn’t like her food at first a week after stopping the chicken and rice diet. It’s been about 2 and a half weeks since we gave her chicken. She was eating her food but you could kind of tell she would look at you and be like what is this garbage. In the past 2 days she has become super stubborn about her food. She will eat maybe 1/8 cup then walk away from it .

I don’t think she’s sick b/c she’ll eat her treats like a champ also we got her Wellness wet puppy food today and she has no problems eating that. I have tried mixing the wet and dry food and she has no interest in it.

So I guess is this like a stand off w/ my dog until she eats her dog food again? I would rather keep her on the dry food.

#24252 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Have you considered trying something other than kibble? Perhaps canned or dehydrated food? These are much more palatable and also healthier than kibble. You could also simply try mixing some canned or fresh food (eggs, yogurt, leftover meat, tinned sardines) etc. in with her kibble to entice her to eat the kibble.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.