Still confused

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Still confused

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly B

Our 5 month old Labradoodle is having a hard time transitioning from Blue Buffalo to Nulo. Vet said Blue Buffalo is too rich and too much salt for Moose. I see a lot of good things about Purina Pro Plan but am confused that it doesn’t get 4-5 stars on this site. I thought being a member would help me choose something affordable yet good. Food is very important to me. We lost a 7 year old Lab to cancer this summer so I want to do everything I can to make sure this pup has a long healthy life.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated!

#108404 Report Abuse
    Deb B

Hi Kimberley! So sorry to hear about your sweet lab. We have a yellow lab on her way to turning 15…so we have been very very fortunate. One of the things I made sure of, was that she was never overweight, which I think has helped with longevity. She was on ProPlan a good part of her life, but we fed her the weight management formula from the time she was 2 ! She did fine on it, but in my opinion, it is not a great food. About 3 years ago, I decided she deserved a better formula, and after much research we chose Acana…love it, she does too. Yes, it is more expensive but I think worth it…I don’t know anything about labradoodles, but Acana has many different formulations. It might be worth a look…your new puppy will need a food with a higher fat content until at least a year old..but after that…not so much..I’d be interested to see what your vet thinks of Acana…good luck!!

#108418 Report Abuse
    Kimberly B

Thank you Deb!

I totally agree with you! Wow 15 that is so wonderful. I feel we lost him too soon. Gunner was a hunting dog so super fit, it truly made no sense. I hate Cancer! Our vet mentioned Acana!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.