Steve Brown's Recipes

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Steve Brown's Recipes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I just made a batch of each recipe, chicken and beef. It feels great making Max’s food from scratch knowing exactly what’s in it and having total control over it. I was even able to find beef kidney locally. Score! And I’ll be saving money in the long run.

#44931 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Congratulations, that’s impressive. Let us know how he does on it!

#44937 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I love having a freezer full of things that I know I can just go and grab something and it will be ready when it thaws, or half thaws as my case may be.

#44945 Report Abuse

I totally agree Patty. I should be stocked up for a little while. I made 15 pounds of chicken and 8 pounds of beef.

C4C, I will post back after Max has been eating it for a little while. I’m trying to go all homemade. Money has been tight since I moved and started a new job. Max got tired of THK so I reintroduced some kibble but he’s not doing so hot with it. I want him on all raw but commercial is too expensive. He needs 3-3.5 lbs a day. I think I have my sourcing figured out so he should be on full raw soon. It’ll definitely be cheaper than THK and commercial raw.

#44948 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Good for you Caroline!

You you must have an amazing sense of satisfaction!

#44949 Report Abuse

Thanks Betsy! I really do! It’s a lot of work but I feel so much better about what I’m feeding him. It just takes some planning and time on my part which I’m willing to do. Max just turned 8 on May 22 so I want to make sure he gets the most time possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.