🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stefan m

Got my 2nd German Shepherd puppy coming next week and want to try raw diet.

The first 2 weeks will be fed chicken thighs and each following week a new food including green tripe, beef tongue, liver and version over the time frame

Being fed 2-3% of his adult bodyweight…

Snacks I have homemade dehydrated sweet potatoes,apples and blueberries blend.

An egg and chopped kale will be with the AM meal…veggie blend as noon snack and PM meal more meat with Salmon oil.

Any advice or kuddos??

#46766 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Hi Stefan, Good for you getting your dogs on raw! I started my girl on raw a little over a year ago. You sound like you know what you’re doing, for the most part. You should check out the raw food forum here: /forums/forum/raw-dog-food-forum/
    Specifically look thru the thread second from the top, “Suggested Raw Dog Food Menus” started by Hound Dog Mom. She posted a few of her recipes there as well as other people posted what they feed too. It is a long thread, but HDM’s recipes are in the first 3 pages.

Someone else can chime in and let you know what else you should be doing or not doing. I get advice from the raw feeders on here. I use, and it’s very well recommended, See Spot Live Longer dinner mix. I add it to my dogs boneless grind in the morning 3 or 4 days a week, just to ensure I’m not missing any add ins that my dog needs.

Good luck! 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Cyndi.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.