šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Blkdoodle

After finding a Venison dry dog food (Sport Elite series Venison) that my Callie can eat, I started ordering directly from the manufacture. This week it was time for my second “Automatic reorder”. I then get an email that they have STOPPED making this blend. They would send me their last bag free and a bag of their beef blend. I declined, went to their web sight to see if there was another blend maybe with lamb without potatoes, legumes, etc. They have discontinued their two beef blends. Now I am back to square one researching and trying to find a decent kibble. Grrrrrr!!!

#109930 Report Abuse
    Ann K

Look at Taste of Wild – it has a pretty decent rating and lots of venison and buffalo and duck blends and Blue Buffalo Life Protection has a lamb and rice. I have a dog that appears to be allergic to any kind of dark meat such as beef, venison, buffalo and duck from what I can tell so that is why I feed her the Blue Life Protection Lamb and Rice and she has few break outs if any. I have my larger dogs on the Blue LP Chicken and Rice and it seems to work pretty good.

#109957 Report Abuse
    Blkdoodle

Will look at it again. It’s the kind of vegetables that are sometimes added that she shouldn’t have that’s the kicker. She has had ToTW before, but will look at it again. Whole Dog Journal has TOTW on their list of acceptable dry foods. Thanks for your response.

#110253 Report Abuse
    Patricia T

I just switched my dog to this food and he loves it, and now I have to switch him back to something else. Apparently the company had production issues and is changing all of their formulas: https://sway.com/YyzMyzD9IWovf5jU?ref=Link/?mc_cid=a72cc048c8&mc_eid=21ca791d49

Back to the drawing board (dogfoodadvisor.com).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.