Specifically for Small Breed

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Specifically for Small Breed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jan D

8 year old Maltese, with several missing teeth. One day he likes it, the next meal he will not touch it. ! I am feeding Merrick small breed ….both dry and wet.

#68225 Report Abuse
    GizmoMom

Try freeze dried food. My picky dog loves Stella & Chewy.

#68228 Report Abuse
    Jan D

I prepared a “meatloaf” recipe for dogs, consisting of ground chicken,
    very small amount of ground round, some oats , eggs and chicken broth. Baked at 350 . He will eat it, in fact he eats it very well for 2 days…..but I just don’t think this has everything he needs ??

#68321 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

You could try FreshPet foods. They come in several varieties. If he likes “meatloaf” he might like the rolled type. It looks like the rolls of bulk sausage and ground beef or turkey you find at the grocery store. It also comes in a bag that looks like kibble but is softer. Gets a good rating on DFA. Only problem is convenience, you need to keep it in the fridge. Look in your local grocery store, pet stores like Petsmart, Petco, Petsuppliesplus, etc. I’ve also seen it in Target and Walmart. It will be in it’s own little fridge. You can freeze it, too, so if he tends to get sick of things quickly you can freeze it in portions. You’re right, the meatloaf you made him is ok for the short term but isn’t balanced for feeding all the time. My dog and cats like the Freshpet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.