šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kaye K

Hi,
    When we subscribed to this site one of the things we were told we would get was the source of the ingredients in the dog foods listed. We have a senior BC and would really like to give her the best nutrition possible avoiding ingredients sourced from China and the like. Can anyone direct me to where we will find the source of ingredients on this site? Since there is no search option for this site we are having trouble finding all the things promised with my membership.

Thanks For The Help

#56605 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Hi Kaye K,

Thanks for your question.

As I explained in the video, we have reduced more than 950 reviews and 4,100 individual recipes to (currently) just 21 brands – including the dozens of product lines many of those brands make available. And for each of those selections, we also include much of the important detail that’s missing from the label.

This includes ingredient sources, country of origin, recall histories, product availability, quality control and safety practices of the company, test and hold methods and much more.

You can find all this information by simply clicking on the links to each Editor’s Choice brand whenever you’re logged in to the private member’s area.

Information like this is obtained via calls, interviews and data scraping. So, as you’d expect, it took our research team thousands of hours to collect and sort through all that data in order to make the recommended brands you find in Editor’s Choice available and updated on a routine cyclical nature.

However, it would be far beyond the scope of our service to provide this kind of in-depth analysis and tracking for each of the thousands of other products reviewed on our website for the small fee we charge for membership (about 1.00 per month).

Unfortunately, the only other way to get this information (for all the other non-Editor’s Choice brands, too) would be for you to make these calls to the relevant companies and ask these questions yourself. I realize this would be a lot of work. However, there’s just no easy way I’m aware of to do this.

That’s why we created Editor’s Choice, in the first place. We wanted to make it easy for our paid members find a great dog food quickly. So, if you simply choose one of our monthly recommendations, we’ve already done all this hard work for you.

In closing, let me again say thanks for being a member. It’s support from caring dog lovers like you that make it possible for us to make our website available without paid advertising from manufacturers — and the influence paid ads would almost certainly bring from the pet food industry.

If you have any other questions about what’s included in your membership, please feel free to contact Member Support.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Source of Dog Food Ingredients’ is closed to new replies.

Recent Topics