Solid Gold question ?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Solid Gold question ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gail F

What are your feelings regarding Solid Gold containing melamine as reported recently.

#66032 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I missed it….can you post a link?

#66043 Report Abuse
    Gail F
    #66045 Report Abuse
    Gail F

Solid gold replied on their FB page. But it won’t let me copy. Go to posts by others and you’ll see it.

#66053 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Aflatoxins are not the same thing as melamine. I looked on the Solid Gold FB page, but couldn’t find a discussion about either aflatoxins or melamine. Can you share a link to the FB age for the discussion you’re referencing.

#66058 Report Abuse

Foodie-Its on there. Click the “posts to page” and its perhaps two or three down. Sxsolid gold states that they have never had a positive test, and the Chinese never provided information(read the full response). It was melamine China was claiming they found, Solid Gold basically cried Bull : )

#66063 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I found an article on the Truth About Pet Food earlier that’s apparently the same study. Here’s the article I read: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/aflatoxins-melamine-and-cyanuric-acid-found-in-us-made-pet-food/ The fact that the study was conducted by a Chinese company causes it to lose some credibility, in my opinion. I think aflatoxins, are to be expected to some degree in any food that contains cereal grains. Melamine is a different story. I wonder if that Chinese company that conducted the testing must’ve done so after feeling some heat and some finger pointing from the U.S.

#66065 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I don’t know why I can’t see what you’re talking about, Melissa. I swear I keep looking and can’t find it. It’s bugging me! Maybe my device (Kindle) is the problem.

#66069 Report Abuse
    Gail F

If you read down the article under That’s not all they found . It states Melamine was found in Purina, Iams and Solid Gold.

#66073 Report Abuse

It’s on solid gold facebook. Click on “posts to page”. Someone asks for a statement and they responded.

#66079 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Oh, now I see it, Melissa. I thought we were still talking about the Dogs Naturally article. Based on what I also read on Susan Thixton’s site, and what the Chinese study published in their newspapers, it does seem as though the study was slanted against the U.S. It seems like Solid Gold’s response on their FB is appropriate. The study doesn’t seem to have much credibility. I like Solid Gold. I just wish they didn’t use Diamond for production of their bison products.

#66092 Report Abuse
    Gail F

Thank You ….I was quite distressed by the original article. We have actively promoted this brand to our viewers when asked what food we’re using. We had just finished a conversation with Solid Gold about their ingredients changes made in December to the Solid Gold Skydancer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.