Solid Gold Contaminated with Bugs

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Solid Gold Contaminated with Bugs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg S

I have been using Solid Gold food for over 20 years. I was planning on switching my German Shepherd puppy from Wolf Cub to Wolf King. When I recently opened up my first bag of Wolf King I discovered contaminants and bugs in the food. I left 4 voicemails with no phone call back, and even left a voicemail for the president Bob Rubin. I did receive a rambling email that meant nothing to me and a replacement bag of their dog food. I simply wanted a dialogue about the Wolf King dog food to reassure me if this was safe for my dog to consume, and if they have had any previous complaints. I did not want a long cumbersome email that took more of my time to read than a 2 minute phone conversation. Has anyone else had problems with communication with Solid Gold? I will be ceasing to use Solid Gold due to the fact that they couldn’t take their time to return my phone call. They have lost a long term customer. Greg

#136276 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Contamination can happen at many points during or after processing, at the distribution center and at the retail store. Have you tried to get a refund from the retail store and get another recipe from a different lot?

#136356 Report Abuse
    Greg S

I returned the food to point of purchase for refund. Solid Gold’s customer service is lacking, you do not have access to live customer service rep, nor do they call back. Inexcusable and main reason I’m discontinuing use of their food.

#140674 Report Abuse
    joanne l

I think that food is made by Diamond. I hear a lot of people don’t like Diamond.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.