Soft commercial dog food?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Soft commercial dog food?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lily B

I’m looking for dog food suggestions for a small toy breed. She’s currently on Solid Gold small breed, but I find that she seems to struggle eating the hard kibble. She has been to see two vets, and both have indicated there is nothing wrong with her teeth or bite, though she seems to tilt her head when she crunches on the hard food. She doesn’t like the food when I pour some hot water on it, though will happily eat canned food.
    I’m wondering if there is a product on the market that sells small portions of wet food (not the large cans), or someone who makes a soft dog food that is yellow corn/by-product free. My husband buys her the Moist and Meaty stuff from the grocery store and sneaks it to her which she loves and has no problem eating I just would prefer to feed her something better nutritionally.

#83708 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Check out Newman’s Organics canned food at Chewy.com, my senior small breed likes the turkey (95%) as a topper.
    A can covered with a tight plastic lid and stored in the fridg should be good for 3 days, maybe up to 5. I think I have seen it in small cans at the supermarket.

#83709 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Here it is in a small can http://www.petfooddirect.com/product/6441/newmans-own-organics-for-puppies-and-active-dogs-turkey-and-chicken-formula-canned-dog-food

I have not used this company, just wanted to show the smaller size of this product.

#83710 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Waggers Tendermoist and Freshpet (Nature’s Fresh line I think) have a soft kibble.

#83711 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Just soak the kibble in water overnight in the fridge, then mix a tablespoon of the topper in, prior to serving.
    My old guy likes it…he only has a few teeth left. Add just a splash of warm water so it is not cold.

#83784 Report Abuse
    Lily B

Thanks so much! I found the Freshpet kibble at my local Target.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.