She wont eat raw Is lightly cooked ok ?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition She wont eat raw Is lightly cooked ok ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joy M

Hello to all and Thank you in advance for all your help
    I have been feeding my dog Lilly a 5 1/2 year old rescue pit a lightly cooked meal with dry for going on 2 years now with no problems but for nearly a year have been trying and trying to go totally raw But she will not touch it I have done my research and tried to wait it out She now just stopped eating raw meaty bones now she just buries it under the sofa or wherever but she never goes back to get them before I went back to raw she loved them So my question is am i hurting her by lightly cooking all the food She is very healthy now by the way When we first got her she was very sickly Horrible rashes ,Diarrhea ,bad joint issues Etc Most of that is gone now
    I just am so confused She has had all her vaccinations before i got her and since then I was forced to get Rabies and talked into Lyme because we go camping in the deep woods But she has had none in two years

#76745 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Joy- Lightly cooked is fine and you can continue feeding that. Not all dogs can get used to raw, however seeing as you are only lightly cooking the food, you aren’t destroying the natural enzymes etc.

#76746 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Quick note-no cooked bones though 🙂

#76748 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

^ A thousand times this. Raw bones only!

#76749 Report Abuse
    Joy M

Thank You All !!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.