šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laura D

I have a English Setter with severe allergies flaxseed, beef,corn,barleykelp
    I am struggling to find a good food for her taste of the wild she pooped 6-7 x’s per day
    Almost every food has flaxseed..help!

#109405 Report Abuse
    ray q

I found a dehydrated food from Honest kitchen it is on this site it is rated 5 stars no flaxseed , I am not sure what barleykelp is but it does have sea kelp maybe that is what you were trying to type. I will keep looking but you may have to start home cooking for your pet. If you look on you tube there are many recipes and people showing you how to cook for your dog. I would also ask a veterinarian.

#109449 Report Abuse
    Blkdoodle

Try Sport Elite Venison. No potato, peas, etc. Switched my Golden Doodle to this because of allergies and she loves it. Top it with Freeze Dried Venison. Poops only 2-3 times day.

#109516 Report Abuse
    sue h
    Participant

I need recommendations please. I have a 6 year old, 10 pound mix that has many allergies. She is on 2 RX’s twice a day (one is very expensive), been with a holistic vet for four years. Not much has improved. The two big allergies are chicken and gluten. I have tried a few different dry foods and give her fresh food along with her meals and still no improvement. Sometimes I feel that maybe we are at a point where this is as good as it gets. I hope not……..she is so miserable at times with all the itching. Help please!!
    Just a note: a list of foods that have no chicken and gluten would be really nice.

#109519 Report Abuse
    Laura D

Has anyone tried Forza10 for sensitive skin. She is allergic to flaxseed, kelp, barley,corn & beef… along with 10 other allergies. She does recv monthly shots. I have to read everything she eats. I have tried several foods..taste of the Wild..she poops 6-7xs per day
    Nulo,Instint, Merrick,…cannot find anything without flaxseed..I found Forza 10 but have not tried it yet.

#109525 Report Abuse
    sue h
    Participant

Laura D. I have never heard of this food, but I just read the ingredients and it sounds good. Also it has no chicken and my Zoe is allergic to that also. I am going to do more research but think I will give it a try. My only concern is that it is manufactured in Italy by Sanypet for Forzal10 in Fl.
    if you do try this one would you please let me know, I would appreciate it. sueh.

#109764 Report Abuse
    Laura D

I received the Forza10 food for Sensitive skin on Tues 1/16/18 from Chewy.com. I did tell chewy I found the food on the food advisor web site…I hope they give them credit,
    So far , so good. Our English Setter has not had a reaction (normally it’s within an hour after eating & she breaks out) She loves it also…fingers crossed I hope she continues doing well.

#109933 Report Abuse
    Laura D

Thurs 1/25/18 Peyton seems to be doing very well on Forza10 for sensitive skin..so far no allergic break outs like she has experienced on so many other foods. Her excessive shedding & her coat are much better. Hopefully she continues improving.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.