šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pat F

I have a Shit Zu and I can’t find a dog food that he likes and doesn’t throw up. I’ve tried Fromm, also a brand from Canada made especially for that breed (very expensive) and Purina Moist and Meaty. He loves the Purina but his stools are soft and way more frequent. He will do fine for a while and then throw up, either foamy stuff or undigested food. He will eventually eat the Fromm but doesn’t care for it too much. He acts totally normal as far as activity etc. I really need the least expensive food that will agree with him. He was a rescue and I am retired so cost is a factor but more so is his comfort.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

#42864 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’ve read of dogs with sensitive tummies doing very well on NutriSource dog food.

#42865 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

Shih Tzu… Sorry, couldn’t help correcting that one… XP

Maybe try the NutriSource….avoid Purina, as it is a very low quality big-name food. Possibly add some digestive supplements (like probiotics). Canned pumpkin is a great way for a quick fix as far as icky stools go, too.

#42887 Report Abuse
    LexiDog

My mom shih tzu is also very picky and he throws up the foamy stuff sometimes too. She softens his hard food in water for a couple hours, mashes it with a fork, then adds cut up chicken tenders and stirs. I have tried to get him to eat just the hard food but he won’t touch it. Maybe you can try softening it and adding the digestive supplement.

#42910 Report Abuse
    mogavero1955

One of my beagles has beef allergy. The last two years, I have been testing and searching for a dry kibble that won’t make his stomach so loud and gassy in the morning where he wants grass and will vomit. He will eat boiled chicken but I need a limited ingredient, sensitive stomach food. He’s been on Eukanoba Response FP (just disliked after ten years), TOW venison, Acana fish, Fromms fish, Blue Wilderness salmon, Earthborn lamb, Blue Wilderness Chicken SENIOR. He likes chicken and lamb. Problem is the gurgling and he won’t eat in the morning. He throws a few times a week. I hear his tummy across the room. Blood test good, stool test good. HELP!! ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.