🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kristin S

I’ve scrolled through a lot of the forum discussions looking for help picking out a new food but i didnt get far. Here is our situation –
    7 year old, 125 lbs Germany Shepherd-mastiff mix. He has back and joint problems already. He needs to lose about 15lbs. He is very INACTIVE. He also has yeast problems so we can’t do potatoes.

Any suggestions?? Thanks a lot

#90667 Report Abuse
    Lewis F
    Participant

My suggestion would be to pick out a couple of good/excellent 5 star brands and go to their websites. Call them and talk to their service people, they can provide excellent suggestions based on your pet’s needs.

#90668 Report Abuse
    Christine W

I was going to suggest Wellness reduced fat,my Pug is doing excellent on it,never seen her more active,but i just looked,it does have potatoes in it 🙁

#90674 Report Abuse
    Maria K

Acana Regionals Wild Atlantic is a good Potato free dry kibble. Answers Detailed pork formula is a good commercial raw option. It comes in patties.

#90694 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature Limited Ingredient Formula Dry Dog Food (Turkey, lamb, or duck)

Key Benefits:
    Grain-free and limited ingredient formula
    Gluten-free diet
    No potato, chicken or eggs (hard to find!)
    Complete and balanced diet for all life stages
    Made in the USA

ADD ONE PER DAY for joint health:
    Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM Soft Chews Joint Health Large Dog Supplement

Go to the vet for a thorough assessment of which type of arthritis he has and make sure there are no other ailments. Blood work and fecal testing, too. Keep him warm and dry, and controlled exercise is key, get him moving on fun walks. You can turn this around, good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.