šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kisa D

I know that selenium yeast is the more natural, organic form vs. sodium selenite in dog foods. Most dog food labels specify if they have one or the other. I am finding there are only a few brands that do not have the controversial sodium selenite. Sad! However I found Dr. Tims dog food to list sodium selenite in several of their foods which is the bad form of selenium I am trying to avoid. Their Kinesis Grain Free formula only lists “selenium” on the food label. Does anyone know if this is the bad form or the ok form? I am currently using Orijen for 2 dogs(German Short Haired Pointer and Lab) which is an amazing, top notch food in my opinion and Dog Food Advisors too…..however at almost $100 bucks a bag I am looking to mix in a more budget friendly option.

#37065 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I would assume that they use the same source of selenium in all their formulas. It doesn’t really make sense for them to use one type in all their formulas except one. Dr Tim is extremely willing to answer questions. Why not shoot him an email and get your answer straight from the horse’s mouth.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.