🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FrogDogz
    Participant

I’m attempting to help a customer to find a dry dog food that will work with her dog’s very specific set of nutri scan results.

Essentially, her only options are:

– Beef, Bison or Lamb based
    – WHITE potatoes or peas as binder

This doesn’t sound too difficult, but this food can’t have any of the following as additional ingredients:

– secondary protein sources, including eggs
    – sweet potatoes
    – oats
    – corn

If anyone has a suggestion, I’d really appreciate it. Due to her personal lifestyle, raw is not an option, and due to the size of her dog, neither is dehydrated raw.

#27371 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Take a look at Natures Variety limited ingredient diets, The Honest Kitchen Zeal which is dehydrated, not dry but thought I’d mention it.

#27372 Report Abuse
    FrogDogz
    Participant

Thanks – it looks like one of the NV foods might work. She did try the Zeal, but it has sweet potatoes, and the nutriscan results show that’s a no go.

It’s amazing how hard it is to find foods with very short, simple ingredient lists.

#27374 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Grandma Lucy’s Pureformance freeze dried (not raw). If my dog needed something very limited, I think I would just make him a baked potato (no peel) and top it with ground beef or other protein.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by pugmomsandy.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by pugmomsandy.
    #27416 Report Abuse
    FrogDogz
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, feeding a 180 lb dog any of the freeze dried diets just isn’t cost effective.

She would feed raw, but they live off grid, and do not have a fridge or freezer, so that’s not a possible solution.

Cheers,

Carol

#27683 Report Abuse
    DogManDan
    Participant

hi frogdogz, are those the only ingredients available? if that is the case then fried beef with peas is one of the recipe. since you mentioned they don’t have a fridge then that should be okay since it would take a couple of days before the fried meat would go bad or roasted meat 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.