šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia L

My english setter seems to start scratching during the winter months. Is there any food that can help with dry skin or a potential allergy? Thank you.

#108871 Report Abuse
    Jane E

In all honesty if the food has been working with no issues before this ,I would consider adding a fish oil…Grizzly salmon oil or some other high quality fish oil. Or a few sardines in oil to the food

#108872 Report Abuse
    Cynthia L

Thank you. I will give that a try!

#108945 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Any kibble from the Zignature line. Switch to Aroma Paws honeysuckle & jasmine natural shampoo. Do an allergy panel test.

#108960 Report Abuse
    Cynthia L

Thanks for the good advice.

#109028 Report Abuse
    ray q

I highly recommend The Honest Kitchen dehydrated dog food it is rated on this site, They have both a base mix (you add the protein) and also mixes with protein already mixed in. This food is excellent for dogs with allergies and it has been approved by the FDA as human grade food, which means you can eat it yourself if so inclined.

#109033 Report Abuse
    Cynthia L

Well, it’s nice to have food that both my dog and I could eat. That’s good quality. I will definitely look into this. Thank you.

#109119 Report Abuse
    lisa p

I am a pet stylist and 2nd generation dog trainer/behaviorist as such I have been around dogs and am very knowledgeable..with that being said I recommend more fat in in your dogs diet.
    You may accomplish this by feeding raw bones or my personal favorite to ad fat fast is cow tripe sold in cans for dogs.
    Best of luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.