šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    anne a

A retail bargain store here in NE “ocean state job lots” is selling label removed premium canned dog food -Salmon & Mackerel. It is 12 cans for $5.99 & is packaged in a cardboard CANIDAE tray – not to expire until 5/15, grain free, same ingredients as the “pure sea “canidae I use sometimes w/dry food Orijen. That being said ,it is manufactured by Performance Pet Products from Mitchell,So.Dakota. We bought & donated this food to our local rescue without problems. I contacted the store to find out why the labels are removed & they just said it was an “odd lot”. I know Canidae in the past has had a couple of recalls r/t manufactured w/Diamond foods. Does anyone have any info about this? Thank you for your time.Anne

#60711 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m in NH but never noticed unlabeled canned foods. I’ll look next time I’m there. Not sure I could buy n unlabeled food. If there was a problem, I’d have to know who to call.

#60724 Report Abuse
    anne a

It does have the manufactuer & that it is Canidae who removed the paper labels only.??

#60751 Report Abuse

What exactly does odd lot mean? I personally would not buy or use because I’m the problem was odd enough for them to pull their name off the cans..call can idea and ask them..after all the food is in their trays.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.