Rotation diet for French bulldogs

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Rotation diet for French bulldogs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sandra R

I have a two months old french bulldog and I’m feeding her for now Acana for puppies. For now she is doing Ok, but I would like to know about your opinion about rotation diet and how to do it
    And if i can give her a raw diet or should I wait until she is an adult? What is the best dry food for French bulldog puppies?
    Thank you so much for your help.

#50443 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Since frenchies are known for allergies, a raw diet would be perfect!

#50451 Report Abuse
    Sandra R

She is only two months old. Can I give raw food right away?

#50453 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You sure can! If you’re on Facebook, do a google search for raw feeding groups. You can google for non fb groups as well. I know a breeder who starts her puppies on raw from the start.

#50454 Report Abuse
    Sandra R

Do you recommend any book that I can read about this?

#50459 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

http://www.thewholedog.org/artcarnivores.html

http://www.thewholedog.org/artcookedfood.html

“Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs” by Lew Olsen

“The BARF Diet” by Dr Billinghurst

“Raw Meaty Bones” and “Work Wonders Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones” by Dr Tom Lonsdale

“Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats” by Dr Karen Becker/Beth Taylor has easy recipes and includes puppies.

#50463 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Sandra R-
    Congrats on the new pup. I think frenchies are adorable. I believe you are on the right track. Variety is even important for dog’s health. I have never fed Acana, but I think it’s a great kibble. Rotating kibbles would be beneficial. I also like to supplement my dog’s meals with add ins to their kibble. I use canned, dehydrated, fresh and even a little raw foods to boost up the nutrition and protein. The fresh foods are typically eggs, sardines and healthy left overs. This is the link that I downloaded a small book with tips on making kibble healthier.
    http://www.seespotlivelonger.com/home/sll/page_41/see_spot_live_longer_the_abc_way___electronic_down.html
    The author, Steve Brown, also has some books with recipes. The download is $2.95. Following this advise has made me a little more interested in feeding home made. So I bought the pre-mix from the site just recently. You just add either raw or lightly cooked meat to it to make a meal. I am very slowly and gradually improving their meals. It sounds like you might just be ready to jump right in with the home made or raw route. Which ever way you go, I wish you success!

#50465 Report Abuse
    Sandra R

I’ll have to get those books so I can really be sure I am not doing anything wrong. I’m from Portugal and here is really difficult to find any brand are food, so I will have to do the meals at home. What kibbles brand do you use? Has anyone ever tried the Orijen raw food? That I can ship from Spain.

#50846 Report Abuse
    Sandra R

@crazy4cats thanks for your answer.
    What supplements do you give to your dogs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.