šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Case

I’m currently rotating through three formulas of one brand (38/18, 38/18, 38/20). The next brand I plan to use is 38/20 as well.

I see a lot of you give advice that states that a dog has to get accustomed to eating a rich food. Once your dog is used to the higher levels of protein/fat, do you guys have a minimum level that a food must have to be included in your rotation?

#45559 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Case –

It really depends on what your dog does best on, although most dogs with a strong gut will be able to handle foods with all difference ranges of protein and fat. I know when I fed kibble I typically liked the formulas I used to have at least 30% protein and 15% fat, although sometimes if all other qualities of a formula and its company were outstanding I’d make exceptions.

#45565 Report Abuse
    Case

I’m in the process of researching the price and protein/fat levels of all of the five star rated foods. I intend to eliminate Canidae Grain Free Pure and Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete from my rotation. I’m hoping to find a couple of brands with a few different protein sources >30%.

#45567 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

If you’re looking for reasonably priced 5 star options I’d suggest Dr. Tim’s and Victor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.