šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    checker

Hi, I am new to this. My 12 year old female Pomeranian was put on by the Vet.Hill’s k/d renal. I am reading it is garbage food. My Pom.Peanut has 2 kidney stones, an enlarged heart with murmur and just had a recent removal of the rest of her teeth but 2. I was told by Pet Wise, I live in Windsor,On,Canada that there is Hi-Tor Neo that is better than the Hill’s. These are the only 2 foods I can give her and I am looking for other reviews or suggestions. I read a little that both are junk. I am not in a financial situation to be making it homemade, whatever that would contain. Please help me, I am in a little panic on what to use for her. She is on the canned wet food, but I can also soak and mush the dried if necessary.
    Sincerely,Kim

#33685 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I can’t say for sure, but I believe that making homemade would be cheaper than buying K/D. I don’t like Hill’s foods, but I don’t think that anyone can give you a better idea what to feed with your dogs health problems. Canned food is better for kidney issues, in fact if it was my dog, I would add even more water.

#33754 Report Abuse
    checker

Ok,thank you for your reply,I will stick to the Hill’s k/d for now.It can be tricky to make homemade dog food,and I don’t want to mess it up. There are many bad and good review on this brand of food. There always will be a debate which ever road I go down.
    Sincerely,Kim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.