šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stanley E

We have owned Rottweilers for close to 30 years. This year for the first time one of our Rotts tore her rear cranial cruciate. She is 2 1/2 year old and has been on Acana Duck dog food her entire adult life. She also received yogurt and pumpkin. Does anyone relate any of these to Cruciate tears?

#81311 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Sorry to hear of your dog’s troubles. Don’t know if this will help http://hencam.com/henblog/2015/06/lilys-prognosis/
    I have found a lot of helpful and interesting information at that site, I know they have a small dog and were able to avoid surgery, however, that’s not always possible. Best of luck.

#81312 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Just a thought, you may get more responses to your other post if you post it over here. Many of us can’t see it.

#81313 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Another thing, re cruciate ligament tears. I have read that there is a genetic link, so you should notify the breeder, if it’s an option.
    I know someone that went through this with a lab, first one leg, then the other. The dog was young so they went along with the surgery and difficult recoveries. The dog is about 7 now and doing well, no complications.
    I know they spent about least 3-4 thousand per surgery.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.