šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lori r

I have been feeding my pittie/boxer mix raw since 2012 when she was 6 months old. She generally gets beef hunks, a chicken or turkey neck, some pureed veggies and homemade bone broth, and ground green tripe once a week. I just got a grinder, and started grinding whole chickens, but thought it’s a pretty boring texture. Do you feed ground meat? Hunks or chunks? Or whole prey model? I have a business partner and we’re starting up a raw pet food business, and wondered how most people feed their pets.

#102801 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I use ground (meat/bone/organs & some have tripe) with bones for gnawing/tooth care. It’s important to have a variety and red meat needs to be more than white. I feed prey model in ground form so no veggies.

#102811 Report Abuse

I’d be curious to know how most feed, also. I feed grinds simply because I’ve got an older girl with a sensitive stomach. Anything that’s not finely ground up and she will throw up tiny bone shards (even with pro/prebiotic help). She’s in general pretty thrilled by the fact that it’s real meat I’m feeding her, so I’m not sure the texture bothers her.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.