Raw, Canned, Freeze Dried & Kibble Rotation

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Raw, Canned, Freeze Dried & Kibble Rotation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LexiDog

So, I am learning that canned food is better than kibble. Right now my dog is on Stella & Chewy’s frozen raw but I like to switch it up, so I was giving her kibble. Now, I am thinking of adding canned in the mix. I have also had samples of Grandma Lucy’s and my girl liked those, but I have yet to feed a whole bag. That is also something I want to try too.

Couple questions, is it safe to switch foods, including forms of food (raw, canned, freeze dried and kibble) often? I have read the Rotating Food posts, so it is good to switch foods/proteins, but how much is too much? If my girl is doing ok, no loose stool, vomiting, ect..then is this acceptable? Is there anything that I should worry about?

I have really only given her raw or kibble. I want to maybe throw a couple cans of food in here and there to mix things up. The brands I was thinking about are: Weruva Human Style, Tiki Dog and ZiwiPeak. Anyone have input on these? How did your dog do on them? They all seem to be top notch and are all rated 5 starts.

Any thoughts on the “Extreme Rotational Diet” or the canned foods is appreciated!!

#41208 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The Extreme Rotational Diet is the best!! It helps keep your dogs’ gut strong and able to handle anything. It supports the widest variety of strains of probiotics. Keep it up.

#41220 Report Abuse
    LexiDog

All right! Just wanted to make sure it was ok. Thanks!!!

#41925 Report Abuse
    Paula D

Mine switch up between Bravo and Primal raw for dinner, and then rotate,through Orijen/Acana kibble, MaxMeat, Primal and Ziwi Peak dehydrated (usually have a bag of kibble and a bag of dehydrated open and alternate the two) for breakfast, with a can of Tripett for Sunday brunch. 🙂 I do think some dogs do better with slow transitions between one food and another, but I just open a new bag when the old one is finished and don’t see any issues.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.