🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GSDsForever
    Participant

I am receiving error/blocked messages from CloudFare, following 2 posts to an OP (from another forum thread), saying I’ve been “rate limited” and thereby temporarily “banned” (!???) by the website owner.

I do not understand. What? Why? Huh?

Could Mike, a mod, or someone please explain or help?

I’ve been a member posting here for years.

Typing this from my IPhone — still can’t post otherwise, though I wanted to continue to engage with the community here re the DCM-legumes/Potatoes BEG FDA issue.

Thanks.

#143766 Report Abuse
    joanne l

This happen to me yesterday, but now everything is okay. Maybe something went wrong with the site?

#143868 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Hi GSDsForever,

Last week, we were attacked by a forum spammer who was relentlessly posting Chinese character spam every few minutes. So, to stop the bot attack, we set our CloudFlare Rate Limit to 2 posts per 10 minutes.

Now, that the spam bot has been temporarily defeated, we’ve disabled the filter. So, you should now be able to post more frequently without being throttled.

Hope this helps.

Mike

#143874 Report Abuse
    GSDsForever
    Participant

Mike,

Thanks so much for responding to me. I didn’t know if I did something wrong or why I was experiencing a block.

I’m sorry to hear that your site experienced that. I don’t understand much about that stuff . . . including what’s the point of the bot(s) with regard to a resource website & community like this!

Glad it’s over (for now) & that I can participate, as right now this DCM issue is really distressing and I’m reading and posting to both help and obtain help for my own dog.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘“Rate Limited”/Can’t Post — CloudFare Message’ is closed to new replies.