Purina proplan focus large breed puppy Vitamin C?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Purina proplan focus large breed puppy Vitamin C?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Josh B
    Participant

Hi everyone first let me say I have appreciated this place hugely as a resource as I try to do right by by two pups. I signed up to ask this question because I couldn’t find anything about it anywhere. Please help.

(Two yellow Labs, one six months and the other 9 weeks)

Can anyone tell me the vitamin C content (if any) of the Purina Pro-Plan Focus, large breed puppy chow? I can’t find anything about it on the bag or the Purina website. The breeder said that the vet he’s known for 20 years tells him vitamin C is really important for the pups growth. I don’t want to think that a food that got 4.5 stars here on the best puppy foods list has NONE, but I can’t find anything about it.

Side note: I had basically decided on Hill’s Science Diet large breed puppy as a great overall food, but the calcium content of that is on the higher side of what most seem to recommend. So I’ve been mixing two parts of the pro plan focus in question and one part of the Hill’s. They seem to love it and are having healthy movements since getting used to it. The research I found makes me think this is fine but I’m open to thoughts. That sound okay?

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.