šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PennyLanesMom
    Participant

Any thoughts or experiences?

#14542 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You didn’t say what food & treats you were feeding. So many health problems are food/treat related.
    My Shih Tzu had pancreatitis at 12 yrs. Plus terrible allergies with both my dogs & getting steroids. I started studying dog nutrition. I decided to try Blue Buffalo as this was the only company to write back out of 3 others I contacted.
    Within 3 weeks all allergy related problems started going away. in 2 mo. the pancreatitis was GONE and she has never had another bout. She is now 15 1/2 and the boss of the house. no steroid shots or pills for over 3 yrs.
    Hound Dog Mom is very knowledgeable so you might also ask her.

#14543 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Any time you have screaming diarrhea, fever, antibiotic usage, you should use probiotics. That said, Fortiflora is not one of the best, it’s just readily available. You might want to go to a health food store and get the one with the most different strains. If you need to keep your pet on it long term then I would suggest you order from Mercola. They have a great probiotic. Swansons has a pretty good human one for a lot less.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.