šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ARLENE T
    Participant

I came across this canned dog food at aldi’s. it says no corn, soy, wheat. no artificial flavors or preservatives. Any reviews on it? I have pictures of the label but don’t know how to include in the post. ingredients: water sufficient for processing, chicken,chicken liver, dried ground peas, carrots, sweet potatoes,salmon, chicken meal,animal plasma,guar gum, sodium tripolyphosphate,calcium carbonate, salt, caramel color, potassium chloride,carrageenan,choline chloride,taurine,vitamin e supplement,zinc sulfate,copper amino acidchelate, thiamine hydrochloride,pryridoxine hydrochloride,riboflavin, folic acid, biotin, vitamin d3 supplement. crude protein min 7.2%, crude fat min 4.2%,crude fiber max 1.5%,moisture max 81%,lysine min 0.13%,methionine min 0.07%, linoleic min 0.3%. What would be the rating? is it safe? Please help me if you can. thank you all so much.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by ARLENE T.
    #111470 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi
    if you scroll back up to the top of this page you’ll see “Reviews” section, click on Reviews then scroll down & look for “Shep Dog Food Dry” click then scroll down & you’ll see people’s post about the New Head & Tails, Pure Being grain free & grain dry kibble formula’s, it looks pretty good, 4 star kibbles, someone might know who makes the new Pure Being dry & wet can foods, the kibble looks good to me, it has 2 meat proteins as 1st & 2nd ingredients….
    Just be careful if your dog needs to eat a low fat diet, the fat% protein % & fiber% in wet can foods, roll loaf & pre-made raw foods hasn’t been converted to dry matter (Kibble)….
    I just converted this Pure Being wet formula above the Protein-37.89%min,
    Fat- 22.11%min, Fiber-7.89%min… here’s the Conversion Anaylsis Calculator to save so you can convert the wet can foods to dry matter. http://www.k-9kraving.com/resources/calculator.php

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.