Puppy vs ALS vs Normal question

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Puppy vs ALS vs Normal question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    apriliamille

Hello,
    im posting this here as i dont want to clog up the large breed nutrition where i have been posting and reading.
    my dobe pup is 8 months september 5
    im looking at two foods. one is called ALS and the other isnt. but the guarenteed analysis doesnt seem that far off (unless im looking at it wrong and splitting hairs and what i think are small amounts really isnt) so what is or isnt in the food to get the categorization
    im looking at these two formula
    dr tim kinesis als
    http://drtims.com/kinesis/
    dr tim pursuit
    http://drtims.com/pursuit/

thanks
    hope what im asking makes sense

#24108 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I’m not quite sure what about the Pursuit makes it not suitable for being labeled as an ALS formula. I have spoke with Dr. Tim about this and he told me he has used both Momentum and Pursuit for puppies. If you’re interested in using Pursuit for a puppy I’d suggest contacting Dr. Tim directly about your concerns. He is great and the customer service is excellent – he will generally respond to you himself and he is a veterinarian so I’d trust his suggestion for which formula to use.

#24117 Report Abuse
    apriliamille

hdm,
    thanks
    i have been emailing with dr tim, guess i was trying to shave a day or two off my eta of ordering some. why? i dont know. i got home friday night from work to a dr tim email suggesting pursuit for my what i plan on doing with my pup. was going to order a trial size and get it coming in the mail then i was on the web site and put the brakes on. i didnt see puppy or ALS next to it. so i put up a post here for thoughts on it. sending an email verifying my puppy age with him and then order a sample in upon his response.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by apriliamille.
    #24124 Report Abuse
    apriliamille

wow. he replied on labor day
    he says pursuit will do fine for my age dobe. just have to watch her “leanness”

#24126 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Dr. Tim has the best customer service, hands down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.