šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ashley M

Hi I was wondering if anyone has tried the Naked Dry Kibble from Protein for pets? I wanted some feedback since it seems to be sourced from California and is suppose to be all natural. I asked for more information from them for there ingredients because their website does not show it and it would be a great price food if it is of high quality.

#81968 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Can you post a picture of the ingredients and nutritional analysis?

#82036 Report Abuse
    Ashley M

So I cant figure out how to post a picture, but the website is https://www.proteinforpets.com/go-naked/ and then if you click on the image for the dry kibble it shows all of the ingredients and nutritional analysis.

#84926 Report Abuse
    Marie b

Bumping this because I would also like opinions

#84931 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I would NEVER buy a kibble that is stored in a bulk bin. Yes, it sounds nice for the environment, but it isn’t what is best for kibble. Exposure to air starts the process that causes the fats in kibble(and everything else) to go bad. So kibble should be made, promptly bagged, and stored in the original bag with all the air squeezed out and then sealed. Even after opening, it should be stored with care.

#85125 Report Abuse
    Doesnt M

Hello there, old post but I use to work at protein for pets and I can tell you now their kibble is pure CRUD! They get it made by the same people who do purina! I know right? They don’t properly store the food either, it’s in a not air tight container and a lot of the times the lids don’t fit on after the bin being expanded by the food and the lid just is left off. Also, they reaaaallly wanted us to push this food, not because it’s a great food like the company is suppose to be about, but so they can make more money off people by manufacturing dirt cheap low quality food…. Save your money and go with a more trust worthy brand because this stuff is DOODOO! Just my 2 cents, I’d NEVER feed my dogs that.

#85126 Report Abuse
    Marie b

Thank you for your replies. Very helpful.

#88253 Report Abuse
    Marco G

Hi, my name is Marco Giannini. I am the founder and CEO of Protein for Pets. I am happy to answer any questions. The statement made by the ex employee about our food and where it is made is certainly not true. I have never personally visited a Purina factory, but our food is not made in the same place. Our food is actually made in California, near Fresno. It is a great manufacturing plant and has top notch certification. I’m sorry that someone told an untruth but happy to chat.

Marco

#88254 Report Abuse
    Ashley M

Hello Marco,

I love Protein for Pets! One more question I had about your food is if it has glucosamine chondroitin in it? At the moment we feed our Dogs Acana and they love it but it is a little pricey. I have to have the glucosamine chondroitin in the dog food though because one of my dogs has bad knees and this has helped tremendously. It seems cheaper and easier to feed my dog food that includes glucosamine chondroitin in it than buying a supplement and try to get him to take it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.