🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LexiDog

Tiki Dog and Weruva are products of Thailand???

Thailand? Should I return the products? It came from a pet boutique that has very high standards.

#41360 Report Abuse

It is completely up to you. Not all of the Weruva varieties are made in Thailand. I noticed that too when I was buying canned food. I never bought the ones that were made in Thailand but that’s just my personal preference. They’re probably fine. I’ve never heard any complaints about them.

#41361 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I believe the Weruva varieties that are not made in Thailand are canned by Evanger’s; I could be wrong because I can’t find the source for that info now.

#41363 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Last I knew, the Kobe varieties were canned by Evanger’s. I have no hesitation to use the varieties caaned in Thailand, but would never use those canned by Evanger’s. I bought a can of the Kobe before I realized and never had the courage or felt right feeding it so I threw it away, unopened.

#41366 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Certain Weruva foods (Human Style) is made in a human food plant with stricter guidelines than pet food.

#41367 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Thanks Betsy, I have it on my Evanger’s manufactured list, but I usually have a link or some reference as to how I found the info.

#41368 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Thanks pugmomsandy, that is important to know the Human Style is manufactured differently; I forgot about that.

#41412 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I posted this a while back; this is the list that I use, which Susan Thixton created and originally posted 06/06/2012: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/who-makes-what-in-pet-food

#41413 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hey Betsy:
    Thank you for the link! I have one update for you. I don’t know if you read the Tripett thread recently, but I e-mailed by Nature in Feb for their co-packers and ingredient sources which they replied their co-packer was now located in S.D. I followed up recently to get a name which they replied the name of their co-packer is “proprietary info,” but did confirm they no longer do business with Evanger’s.

I am in further communication with customer service because they were interested why I would not buy their product if they did not disclose their co-packer. They are supposedly going to discuss this POV with the powers that be and stated they would contact me again if they do decide to disclose their co-packers name; not holding my breath.

Also, Kimi Forever contacted Tripett for the name of their co-packer and ingredient sources. They would not disclose the name of their co-packer either. Another company off of my list for now.

#41414 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

For what it’s worth, Bobby absolutely loves and does well on Tiki Dog and Weruva products! Never used the Weruva Kobe due to being canned by Evanger’s. I don’t have any problem with a product being produced in Thailand at this time either. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.