šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lyndsay D

Good afternoon!
    I have a big but little lab/pointer mix puppy on natures variety raw and he has a potato allergy (And a few other allergies) . Finding a no potato crunchy treat is almost impossible.
    Does anyone have any ideas where I may be able to find some? or recipes that can be crunchy and satisfying for this pup?
    Thank you!

#105628 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

I usually make my dogā€™s treats so I know exactly what heā€™s getting. There are so many wonderful recipes for dog treats that donā€™t contain potatoā€¦ You might want to take a look. You can make five or six dozen at a time and they only take a few minutes to make because thereā€™s just a few ingredients.

#105629 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve given roasted trachea and tendons. They’re not chewy/slimy like bully sticks.

#105723 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Lyndsay,
    have a look at “K-9 Natural Freeze Dried, Green Lipped Mussels, they are healthy crunchy & easy to digest but no more then 2-3 mussels a day so not really great if you want to use as training treats, sometimes a small bag of a dry kibbles is best that’s potato free if you want to do training there’s “Canidae” All Life Stages Bakery snacks, they’re a crunchy biscuit that you can break in 1/2 if needed, I was buying Canidae Grain Free Bison & Butter Squash snacks but these biscuits have potatoes but Canidae’s All Life Stages biscuits are Potato free,
    here’s the link, click on https://www.canidae.com/dog-food/products then scroll down a little bit looking to your right & you’ll see “View All” click on page 11 & you’ll see the ALS Turkey Quinoa, Butternut Squash snack biscuits 32.9 Kcals per biscuit & the ALS Wild Boar & Kale Snacks, 25 Kcals per biscuit, you can see picture of the size of biscuit…

There’s some real easy to make dog biscuits online you can also eat them & they are healthy, that’s why I like the Green lipped Mussels they’re very healthy, if you go onto “Rodney Habib” face Book page or his “Planet Paws” f/b page look for his video’s & he has some really easy to make healthy treats you can make & then put in freezer, I’ve just found his Video’s they’re on Rodney’s Planet Paws f/b page. here’s the link, https://www.facebook.com/pg/PlanetPaws.ca/videos/?ref=page_internal
    scroll down a bit look for second row they’re called “Brain Booster treats” next to them is “DIY Meat Berry Pupsicals” then there’s “Honey, Ginger & Chicken Treats” you can change a few ingredients around if your boy can’t eat those ingredients….
    When you make your own treats yourself you know what’s in them also if you have kids/grandkids it’s a fun thing to do & you can also eat some of them as it’s all human grade ingredients.. there’s even a video “How to make your own pet tooth paste”..

#111910 Report Abuse
    Thiet N
    Participant
    #118498 Report Abuse
    Kristen C

I use Brothers Complete allergy formula Turkey and Egg biscuits for treats. Itā€™s grain and potato free. They are crunchy! Mine eat this same food, so they like the biscuits as well. Hope this helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.