šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mojo

Hi everyone Im not sure if i have overseen the topic of porkbut i need desperate advice, i decided to do something good for my dog and move away from commercial dry food and i decided to make him a meat loaf with rice, eggs, carrotts and minced meat. after all that work and shoving it in the oven i realised that the minced meat i had was a mixture of beef and porkā€¦ now i have heard that pork is dangerous for dogsā€¦ now im not sure if i can feed him it or not. the loaf backed for 1hour 20 min im sure any bacteria would be dead nowā€¦ and is pork generally bad for dogsā€¦. would be very grateful for any advice on the topic

#30545 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Dogs can handle commercially raised pork raw. The way they raise pork now, it is unlikely to have anything in it that dogs can’t handle. I freeze pork for a couple weeks before feeding it raw just to be on the safe side. Cooked should not be a problem at all unless your dog can’t handle the fat level.

#30620 Report Abuse
    mojo

ok thank you very much for the info. i will give it a go then …fingers crossed šŸ˜‰

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.