🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AnnieluvsPoms
    Participant

Trying to figure out what food to change my poms to. They are on Wellness Core small breed right now. My vet said I might have to try Science Diet Sensitive but that has animal fat and by-products in it. I am looking for suggestions for something better than Science Diet.

Thanks!

#19333 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

It’s really hard for anyone to tell you what will or won’t work – all dogs are different and do well on different foods. A limited ingredient food with a novel protein may be worth a try, but no guarantee there either. Do you know if they have sensitivities to any particular ingredients? Have you tried supplementing with probiotics or enzymes or adding a supplemental source of fiber (like canned pumpkin)?

#19339 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Try Nutrisource grain free. The kibble is small. And Amicus has tiny kibble. If you want to try a single protein food look for Pulsar. Are you feeding the rec’ amount on the bag? I’ve always fed less than the rec’ amount.

#19432 Report Abuse
    AnnieluvsPoms
    Participant

thank you hound dog mom and pugmomsandy. i wish i knew why it started in the first place. 2 of our dogs are fine and Loki just can’t seem to get his stools back to normal. I don’t know what it is. He was on this prescription stuff that’s made by purina (from the vet) but that didn’t seem to help get his stools back to normal. Now I’m only feeding him boiled chicken and rice. I’m worried about him not getting enough nutrients though with just feeding him boiled chicken and rice. I decided to go with Holistic Select for digestive health as the dry food I am going to try once his stools improve (hoping they improve!). He was seen by the vet and other things were ruled out; however, he has not been tested for allergies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.