šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hey Sandy –

They’re eating pork necks in the bottom two pictures. I can get great T-cut pork necks from my supplier that are usually around 1 1/2 lbs. each – perfect sized meal for them!

#20713 Report Abuse
    swampstomper
    Participant

Thanks for the info Hound Dog Mom. Much appreciated!

#20716 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

It can depend on the dog or dogs IMO. Two of my dogs got Pancreatitis and bad bacteria from Raw but two did fine. There are A LOT of factors to take into consideration when starting to feed a Raw diet. You have to learn what your dogs can handle fat wise and Protein wise. I have small dogs, 3 Chihuahuas and a Shihtzu. I believe in feeding an all Raw diet and I saw a huge improvement in my dogs teeth, breath and coats and over all activeness but we for sure paid the price with a $1300 vet bill with one of ours. Do lots of home work before you start it. I only feed mine a lower fat Raw such as Rabbit and Turkey but we have been off of Raw now and just on kibble for a couple of weeks now but we are about to start up the low fat Raw once again.

#20734 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

NectarMom –

Your dogs got bacteria from raw? I remembered reading about the pancreatitis but I don’t recall reading about that. That’s too bad. What type of bacteria did they get infected with?

#20793 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Yes HDM they got Salmonella from Raw and Pancreatitis. My shihtzu was hospitalized and had to be on IV fluids for 2 days. My vet handed me a stack of paperwork talking about the risk involved in feeding Raw. I know most vets are unless holistic vet are against feeding Raw and because they did not take courses in canine nutrition so they do not understand the Raw thing and simply do not agree with it. It scared me to death and I thought I was going to loose her because of something I chose to feed her. Now I am super careful what I choose to feed and it cannot be very high fat for sure. Dogs can also get Salmonella bacteria from kibble so I do take this all with a grain of salt. I am honestly more Leary of kibble these days than Raw.

#21231 Report Abuse
    dogmom2
    Participant

Hank and Dewey had their first chicken feet the other day. It was fun to watch them crunch them up. It was especially funny to see the toes dangling out of Dewey’s mouth….kind of creepy. They thoroughly enjoyed them tho…and I look forward to the next farmers market where I can get them some more.

My DH says he has to go with me now when I go shopping so he can make sure that someone buys food for us, too. I am always coming home with meat or sardines, or something…and it is always for the dogs. ( I may need an intervention)

#21237 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

HaHaHa!! We all do!!

#38158 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Mr. Ducky looks like he is in heaven!!

#38159 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

They haven’t eaten feathers before so…hmmm…wonder what I’ll find in the yard tomorrow??

#38174 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Well no feathered poops this morning!

#38184 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

That’s surprising, isn’t it? They do look like they are enjoying.

#86353 Report Abuse
    sam o

Does anyone know where I can find out what parts of meats etc I can give my dog , I need a list really can they eat the whole animal , etc ??? I’ve done my research bought books etc but I a, struggling to find certain answers xx ta guys

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.