šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gayle T

I have gone thru several 5 star dry foods ( I prefer dry) and the only one my Lakeland terrier will eat is Purina savor, she loves it but it is not recommended any 5 star foods that dogs love? Help

#74559 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Tough Love. Put down a food. Leave it down for 15 minutes then pick it up. He gets nothing else (no food or treats) until the next meal.

#74568 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature Zssentials was a lifesaver when my dogs became allergic to Orijen Adult and stopped eating. No chicken, potato or egg & is a 5 star formula under the 4 star brand. Purina may be fun for your pup but do a gradual transitional (slowly mix in the good stuff) so she gets used to something healthier!

#74569 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

My dog was a picky eater before as well when I was only feeding dry because I thought it was better. Just because you prefer dry it doesnt really mean anything since you are not the one eating it. Once I added wet food into my dogs diet and sprinkled the dry on top he instantly became interested in eating again. I also change his food frequently for variety and to keep his stomach healthy and him free of getting allergies to one type of protein or carb and that has made a huge difference in his interest in eating. Wet food is also often looked at like more of a treat and I disagree with that ideology greatly as I believe it’s an essential part of their diet to make sure they are getting enough moisture in their diet. Drinking water alone is not enough.

#74570 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

I agree, quality wet food is extremely beneficial. I put it on the side so they have an option, can easily be refrigerated again. I use ZiwiPeak beef (pate) or Weruva (like a chunky stew). They love it!

#74576 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

I tried putting it to the side and that didn’t work for my dog haha. He was really really picky. It was bad. He went a whole day without eating and it was at that point that I did not feel like “arguing” with him anymore. I did dry in the morning and canned for dinner for a while and I would throw out so much dry and he would eat the wet with no issue. I was even more convinced I needed to give him wet after reading a few vet’s talk about the benefits of it. Our dogs are smarter than we think and they will let us know in their own way what they want.

#74578 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

What a cutie! I still can’t figure out how to put up a pic of my 2 pitties. I rotate kibble, wet and dehydrated daily so I’d be screwed if they stopped eating.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.