šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Oceans11
    Participant

I have posted under this topic before but haven’t found anything that works. My one year old Malagasy Coton De Tulear is a picky eater. I have tried Basic Instinct Raw, Fresh Pet, various 5 star canned foods including Tripett, Orijen dry puppy kibble., Fromm Gold kibble, Blue Wilderness. What he will eat on a consistent basis is rotisserie chicken which probably isn’t healthy. We have tried giving him raw ground round and raw steak. All he wants to do is bury it. I have supplements that I try to give him hidden in his food but one whiff and he walks away (supplements: Angel Eyes, Grizzly Salmon Oil, probiotic, and Vitamin supplement). I am concerned that he is not getting any of these supplements or more importantly a nutritious diet. Because he doesn’t eat much on a routine basis, we have all too often shared what we are eating. I don’t believe he is underweight. I would appreciate any suggestions and/or advice anyone could share. Thanks much!

#50185 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Have you tried canned or dehydrated?

#50186 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

I have tried canned food but he won’t eat it. I have not tried dehydrated food but will check it out. Thnx!

#50188 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

oh, also-have you varied the protein sources from all of those brands? Definitely try to mix those up, maybe he doesn’t like something

#50189 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I have great luck enticing my picky eater to eat kibble by topping it with raw green tripe, coconut oil or goat’s milk.

#50190 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

I have tried beef, bison, lamb, pork, and chicken. Of all those, he will eat chicken. I know all dogs are different and there is no single answer. But, when I start getting into these forums, the information gets overwhelming.

#50191 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

I have given him freeze dried tripe in treat form. When I fed him Tripett (canned tripe), he wasn’t interested.

#50296 Report Abuse
    GizmoMom

Have you tried adding cooked ground meat to his food?

#50317 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

We have tried that. Also mixing raw ground meat. I just ordered some freeze beef and chicken and have high hopes he will like it. It sure is expensive though.

#50319 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up some goat milk. If it doesn’t do the trick, I’ll buy it from you! LOL! Seriously though, on the occasion that I’m rushing and give mine a bowl of plain, ol’ dry kibble ~ both will turn their noses up at it, until I pour some goat milk over it and then everything is fine.

#50324 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

I’ll get some goats’ milk. I imagine While Foods would carry it, or maybe Trader Joe’s. Thank you for the tip!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.