šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Olga G

There’s been concern among breeders for some time about phytoestrogens in their dog foods and the effect it has on their breeding females. Ingredients known to be phytoestrogens are PEAS, LENTILS, GRAINS, FLAXSEED, and to a lesser degree, fruits and some vegetables. SOY is on the bad list. My question is, without going through this entire list of foods, does anyone know of any foods that meet this criteria? Or is it possible that Food Advisor can create such a list? It would serve a lot of people’s concerns. Thank you.

#101033 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

The only brand I found close to that perfect formula in kibble is the Zignature line of dog food. It’s void of the most common potential canine allergens which are corn, wheat, soy, dairy, and chicken, plus is gluten free. They do use legumes (sorry!). My boys are gastrointestinally sensitive to every ingredient in other brands, we’ve went thru the entire 5 star list. Ingredients like eggs, potatoes or brewers yeast is in everything. If there’s a kibble better than this, I’d love to know about it!

For breeding females, Primal’s freeze dried nuggets are beneficial but very expensive.

#101143 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Grandma Lucy’s Macanna formulas don’t contain the ingredients you mentioned. Grandmalucys.com

#101144 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

The Macanna formulas are made with pinto beans which have one of the highest levels of coumestans (a category in phytoestrogens). Just FYI…

#150585 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

The only food I’ve seen being touted as phytoestrogen free:

Holistic Blend Perfect Blend

https://myhealthypet.ca/index.php/component/tlpteam/team/the-perfect-blend?Itemid=204

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.